see through me

A bit of my thoughts about life in general and things that keep it worth living...

13.12.05

Write a smile...

It's been years that I consider books as my bestfriends.

They cuddle me into a dreamy sleep every single night. They take me away into parallel worlds. They cheer me up when I'm down. They tell me stories about everything and nothing.

But then one day I realize something. It's actually not the books that give me their friendship.

It's the authors. The men and women who scribbled their pads furiously every day, using their imagination and craft to give a little something to the world.

Without them I wouldn't ever able to travel into many journeys. They are the ones who put the legendary wardrobe allowing me to enter their own little Narnias.

Pennac, Marquez, Cuehlo, Blyton, Rowling, Crichton, Grisham, Beaumont, Maurier, Maupassant, Zola, Christie, Lewis, Tolkien, Bouvier and the list would, of course, extend near ad infinitum.

They are my friends, whether they want it or not. I consider them as friends. I cherish them. Hell, I would be sad if one of them would be gone -don't count the already passed away-.

They color my life with words, with paragraphs, with chapters, with volumes...

It's kind of like they wrote to me only. Personally. Face to face. Mano a mano.

And that's why one of my cherised dream is to become one of them. To write a book, a story, anything. Doing it for my friends, my would-be friends and for you.

I want to cheer you when you're down. I want to keep you company in a rainy sunday afternoon. I want to be with you while you're waiting for your loved one in a crowded coffee shop.

I want to be your friend.

That's why I put some of my time to write. Something that I do hope would reach your hand. Something that you would be able to flip. A book. Unfortunately, not anytime soon. But I would try as hard as I could.

Writing is a way to immortalize self, I read it somewhere.

But much more than that, I want to be a part of your life. Even forgotten somewhere in your bookshelf.

The knowledge that you'll pick me up from a store, even for a slight moment, would put a smile on me.

As I do right now, while you're reading this...

5 Comments:

  • At 1:38 PM, Blogger rangga said…

    Hey all, I'm using the Blogger commenting system since the Haloscan would not save older comments...

    And I want you to be here for quite longer than just 3 months.

    Sorry bout the verification, otherwise I would get spammed, and me no like.

    I still have your previous comments, don't worry...

    Cheers.

     
  • At 1:43 PM, Blogger soapgirlninja said…

    and you are one kind of writer.

    I fell in love with many of your little narnias.

     
  • At 11:01 PM, Blogger coolz said…

    keep on writing with passion ^___^

     
  • At 8:43 PM, Blogger L. Pralangga said…

    as those words and feelings poured into the blog, this would enable you to expressively appreciate your thoughts and share them with others..

    Keep enthusiastic of your current quests and kind regards from west africa :)

     
  • At 9:53 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    "And that's why one of my cherised dream is to become one of them. To write a book, a story, anything. Doing it for my friends, my would-be friends and for you."

    "I want to cheer you when you're down. I want to keep you company in a rainy sunday afternoon. I want to be with you while you're waiting for your loved one in a crowded coffee shop."

    "I want to be your friend."


    You're already one of them, Rangga...

    Gue harap lo nggak bosen nulis di website ini coz that's where I go when I feel up and down.

    Thx for cheering me up!

    Keep rockin'!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
eXTReMe Tracker