see through me

A bit of my thoughts about life in general and things that keep it worth living...

8.10.04

Fight for love...?

I had lunch with an old friend yesterday. The place was hot and crowded like most of cafetaria in Jakarta and the food was disastrous, but hey, we wanted only to talk. Although I would happily choke the waitress because she brought me a wrong meal after nearly an hour delay. But that's another story.

And I asked him how things were going with him and his girlfriend nowadays, because of all my friends, he was one of the rares who have a steady relationship during these past years. He told me that he is still with her, but I kinda heard a certain confusion in his voice. Me being a good friend and not to mention a bit nosey, I tried to dig deeper. What he told me was a shocker. He said that the girl cheated on him three times. I was like, what? I always see him as the one who would jump to anything that breath. I was wrong apparently.

Anyway, it seems that the girl has a steady lover and to make things worse, they study together in a same campus.

So I asked him, why don't you dump her or something? It seems that is the normal thing to do... or so I thought. I mean, come on, one time, that's cool, two times, it's kinda harsh... but three times?

My friend said that he doesn't want to be a loser, because for him, to lose her would be a sign of defeat. At that point, I realize that he's got a point somehow.

Men are natural born proud beings. We don't want to appear to be the weakling in every case. We always try to fight, eventhough we know that it's a losing battle. But somehow I think we'll have to swallow that pride and put it somewhere the sun doesn't shine, because if you think about it, there is no point to continue if you are sure to lose. If you don't win a fight, then make another battlefield.

However, I am the one who always believe to struggle when you know that it's worth fighting for. I did have some problems with my beloved partner in the past, but I kept persevering, because I believe that she is the one for me. And thankfully we are still together until now eventhough she's miles away from me. I love her as much as the first time I saw her... yes honey, you and your purple shoes...

What I am trying to say is, if you fight for something, you'll have to make sure that the reason is really worth it. Don't let the pride be the reason. Because it will hurt you more, and when you lose, you'll see that you were fighting for a wrong reason and you'll regret it even more.

It's a freakin friday and I write some nonsenses as usual... what a life...

ps: A happy birthday to Mikal, my colleague at the office... best of luck for you, bro...

3 Comments:

  • At 4:07 PM, Blogger Enda Nasution said…

    well, it seems to me, if there the "other" person is there, then ur friend is already lose

     
  • At 6:24 PM, Blogger celotehalia said…

    Huh.. Men and their big ego.... *geleng-geleng cangkir*
    ;P

     
  • At 10:49 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Guys mind is crazy and weird...
    And somehow, we GIRLS still can't get enough of them...

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
eXTReMe Tracker