see through me

A bit of my thoughts about life in general and things that keep it worth living...

3.1.05

Happy New Year...

Happy New Year?

Somehow I am a bit disturbed with that word... "happy"...

Thousands are having their life literally wrecked. And here I am saying "happy"? I don't want to be a hypocrite though, I did have some good times in Bali for the holidays... but still, there is something deep beneath me that bothers my conscience, like a piece of meal that got stuck in your throat...

What did we do wrong this time? What did we do that made the Earth angry?

A lot of things...

Things that reflected our egocentric behaviour, our constant hedonism, our progressing materialism and those are just the tip of the iceberg.

I always say that He got a strange sense of humour. Maybe that's His way of saying... "hey, you guys are gone too far..."

Nevertheless... despite all that, I see something...

It's called solidarity. It's called humanity. When I see those volunteers searching beneath the ruins, those man who were busy organizing helps... those things that became a rarity in our society suddenly appeared magically...

And for that reason only I feel like I could finally say "Happy New Year"... because somehow, I see hope in humanity once again...

I just wish that we don't need another disaster to make it shine...

Let's just start this year holding that torch a bit firmly... for when you ain't got hope, you ain't got anything.

Then life wouldn't worth being lived.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
eXTReMe Tracker