see through me

A bit of my thoughts about life in general and things that keep it worth living...

25.1.05

Voyeur? Moi...?

I am a voyeur.

I am the guy you'll see sitting in a crowded coffee shop, reading a book and nonchalantly staring at people. I am the guy you'll surprise when you feel a gaze tickling your neck. And most of all, I am the guy who would mentally take note of every single thing you do...

Scary isn't it?

But don't worry, I am not that stalker who would follow you all day. My reason is pretty simple actually. I am just curious about what you're thinking.

When I see a man sitting in a bench smoking his cigarette with a half-opened book beside him, I wonder what could be in his mind; is he waiting for his loved one, is he just killing some time, running away from the infernal daily routine... and that amazingly lures me into staring at him.

When I see a family gathering together, dining in some fancy place, I always wonder about their thoughts. The son who would rather be somewhere else, the daughter who furiously types an sms now and then, the mother who tries to be the mediator and the serene father who thinks about his next business meeting... there are thousands possibilities that reside in that very table.

Sometimes I just want to ask them personally what's inside their mind at that very moment. I am THAT curious. But I never dare doing that, because I still respect privacy. However, I do write scenarios in my head, I create stories about those people, and in a way, that satisfies my thirst...

So, next time when you see a tall skinny dark man staring at you in a coffee shop, try to greet him... it could be me wondering about your thoughts...

And until then, check out this, where a man had make that step into asking people what they're thinking... very cool.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
eXTReMe Tracker