see through me

A bit of my thoughts about life in general and things that keep it worth living...

30.10.04

I don't know what to say...

A seriously wounded 8-year-old boy calmly described his father's deadly knife rampage during a call for help to 911. "My daddy killed me with a knife and I'm gone," the boy told a dispatcher. "Can you please send the Army men or the ambulance?"

I read that in CNN website. I was speechless.

Surprised. Sad. Angry. Dissapointed. Offended. Losing a bit of faith.

I know that there are so many sick things in this world. I read plenty of horrifying news everyday. I heard stories from here and there about awful things that happened. But this one somehow struck me the most.

The kid was stabbed by his father after the former killed the mother. With a fucking butcher knife. While the kid was bleeding, he calmy called 911 asking for help. Calm. Not even a trace of panic in his voice. He described the scene with his innocent language.

"I don't know what happened, but something. He grabbed knives. I woke up. My dad, he was killing my mom and then my, my, my dad told me to go onto the other bed and then he's like, 'You're next,' and then he killed me. I'm still alive. I kind of survived."

I was angry... I wanted to fry the sick fuck who did that. My primal instinct was screaming aloud in my head. My body was aching to slice that man alive with a butter knife while dripping his pieces in gasoline.

Oh how much I wanted to light the fire myself.

But then I realize something. I am not one of them. I am aware of what is wrong or what is right. I know I am not a saint, but there are lines I would never cross in my life. One of them is taking one's life, and another, maybe more important, taking one's innocence. Especially a kid.

Can you imagine how the kid will grow up. He is surviving right now physically. But mentally?

How long does he have to keep the image of a man who he adored the most taking his mommy's life?

How long does he have to keep the image of a man who played ball with him suddenly swinging a knife at him?

How long...?

The worst part... The father has pleaded innocent... as in innocent until proven guilty.

Fuck, in time like this, I really want to believe in hell...

complete story

1 Comments:

  • At 2:13 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    You know,

    I think hell does EXIST.

    For those psycho people who does that kind of madness.

    Keep rockin'!

    -Your SA-

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
eXTReMe Tracker